Friday, October 14, 2005

My Dream

I had a very vivid dream/nightmare today (I dropped the man off at the Victoria-bound ferry early this morning, came back and slept until noon). I was driving on an unknown road with my cousin in the passenger seat (this is my cousin who lives in Seattle, and who I have been spending a lot of time with). As I was driving towards the freeway I noticed a diesel going in the wrong direction, so I pointed it out to my cousin, and expressed my fear of seeing this guy run into other cars . When I finally got on the freeway, it was foggy and I was now driving downhill at a high elevation alongside a mountain. I saw more cars going in the wrong direction, but this time they were headed towards me. Suddenly, the problem wasn't the imminent head on collision, but rather, non-moving traffic going the proper direction. I tried to stop, but my breaks wouldn't work and my only choices were to run into the cars or drive off a cliff. I remember saying, "Oh, no," and feeling bad that my cousin had to die too. Then, I woke up with a jolt.

I've been obsessed with the dream all day, since I rarely remember my dreams, and this one was so clear. I think there is some meaning to dreams, though I don't trust the assessment of those on the web or in the psychology section of the bookstore. Maybe I need to get my brakes fixed.

No comments: