Saturday, October 06, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is frightful


...but the fire is so delightful

and since we've no place to go

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..,

hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm
{humming the next line}

WAIT!!! What am I doing? Oh yeah I remember, this was the song that was playing when I was at the store today and I can't get it out of my head. This song is annoying enough, but in early October!?! There are two holiday themes before Christmas people. I know there aren't many Halloween or Thanksgiving songs to play during that time, but that doesn't mean you have to go right on to Christmas music. Please, go back to the cheesy Elton John stuff.

I can't blame the store completely. They were probably confused since it seems Western Washington pretty much gave up on doing autumn this year. It was all prepared coming early in September, but I think it got bored and let old winter take over. Get out the coats, it's going to be a cold one.

4 comments:

Sariah said...

I can't believe the music! I can believe Christmas already in stores however. I see it everywhere. It's here earlier and earlier each year. That said...I love it! I love Halloween and Christmas! Fun, fun!

Roxanne said...

I can't blame the store. Over General Conference weekend who do you suppose put on Christmas music to cook & dance to. My family of course made some choice comments and finally they turned it off, but it was fun while it lasted. I love Christmas!

Carrie said...

I must be a scrooge then. It stresses me out to have it so early. I need October and November to be separate, then I can do all the holiday stuff in December.

Well, I must go, I got to tell some kids the truth about Santa.

Roxanne said...

You know, I've have noticed that in a few past years they have been coming out with Halloween movies in Christmas. For example The Nightmare Before Christmas in my opinion is a Halloween movie and that didn't come out until the month of Dec around Christmas. There was another movie this past year that was Halloween that didn't come out till Christmas either, but I can't think of the name. Point being the Holiday seasons are becoming blurred. And it's okay to be a scrooge. Somebody has to do it.:)